Whanganui Regional Health Network (WRHN) is seeking a Registered Nurse – Long Term Conditions, to join the team. This role has been developed to help improve health outcomes for people with long term conditions, by working with the wider health team and other relevant providers.
This role will require the successful applicant to work in partnership with Kaiawhina and the Long-Term Conditions team to provide clinical leadership and to help promote self-management for people with specific health needs. You will also need to provide clinical facilitation and help implement care plans, with a whānau centred approach to improve quality, efficiency and better health outcomes.
Working in an exciting fast-paced environment, this role will require you to work alongside WRHN staff, members of the general practices, local community providers and agencies and local Māori organisations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion to make a difference and achieve improved health outcomes for whānau/families.
- Have advanced knowledge and experience in managing long term conditions within primary health care.
- Have experience of working with populations with complex health within the community, such as Māori and Pasifika.
- Have excellent communication and relationship skills, with the ability to work with complex populations.
- Have well established links within the Whanganui community, district communities, Iwi and health providers.
This is a permanent full-time position based within a supportive team environment.
The WRHN is situated next to Whanganui Hospital and is in very close proximity to the magnificent Whanganui River. Centrally situated, the city is close to many outdoor sporting and recreational locations; including being on the doorstep of the National Park and Central Plateau. The beautiful landscape and serene west coast beaches, all make Whanganui an idea place for families and professionals alike.
Applications close Monday 21st June 2021 at 5pm and are to be sent to WRHN, as per the application form. For a job description and application form see below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (06) 348 0109. A copy of your resume, a covering letter and completed application form should be submitted.